What are cookies and for which purpose are they used?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user. Under no circumstances could cookies damage your computer and the one that is active helps us identify and resolve possible errors.
Cookies are then sorted according to a number of categories. However, it is necessary to note that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Types of cookies depending on the managing entity
Depending on the entity that manages the computer or domain from which cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as their own cookies.
Types of cookies depending on the period of time that remain activated
Depending on the period of time that remain activated on the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data are still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and that can range from a few minutes to several years.
Types of cookies depending on its purpose
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are treated, we can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication , identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the ID of the user.
- Analytical cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them, the monitoring and analysis of the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Third-party advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces. These cookies store information about user behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on it.
At MADRID DESTINO we do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify you. However, you can set up your browser, accepting or rejecting all cookies, or select those whose installation you support and which do not, following one of the following procedures, depending on the browser used:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer (Windows Phone)
- Safari para IOS (iPhone y iPad)
- Chrome para Android
MADRID DESTINO USED IN ITS WEBSITE
Session cookies are stored and only have temporary validity, that is, until the user finishes browsing the website. These cookies do not permanently record any information on your computer’s hard drive.
In particular, Madrid Destino stores Google Analytics “analytical” cookies on the user’s terminal. The user may exclude their individual activity through the exclusion systems provided by Google Analytics.
For more information: Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites .
|__utma||2 years or update||This cookie keeps track of the number of times a user has been to a site, when it was their first visit, and when their last visit occurred visita.
|__utmb||30 minutes or update||This cookie helps calculate how long a user’s visit lasts by storing the time they entered.||nivel 2|
|__utmc||expires with session||This cookie helps calculate how long a user’s visit lasts by storing when they leave the page.||nivel 2|
|__utmz||6 months or update||This cookie helps to record the source of traffic or campaign; keeps track of which search engine the visitor used, which links they clicked, what keywords they used, and where in the world they access the webpage||nivel 2|
|__utmli||2 years or update||These cookies generate an anonymous user ID, which is used to count how many times a user visits the Website. It also records when it was the first and last time you visited the Website. It also calculates when a session is finished, user origin, and keywords used||nivel 2|
Social Networks cookies
In particular Madrid Destino uses AddThis which is a plugin that allows us to share on different social networks the content of our website.
|uid||addthis.com||Expires with session||Stores randomly generated letters and numbers. AddThis cookies allow users to share content through social networking and email websites. When we provide links to third-party services that you find useful, they may place a cookie on your device to make your service easier to userde||nivel 2|
Cookies used by third-party content provider add-ons
Cookies used by third-party content provider add-ons are necessary for the user to access content or services provided by third-party providers, such as to view videos hosted on Youtube, to view geographic locations on Google Maps or to provide you with information on how many times the page you are viewing of our Website by Google+1 has been valued. They are governed by the provisions of their respective cookie policies. Google Madrid Destination add-on cookies makes use of external Google add-ons.
Its use implies the referral of cookies.
For more information you can check: : Cómo utiliza Google las cookies
The information collected by Google’s external add-ons on our Website, including the user’s IP address, may be transmitted to Google and stored on its servers. This information is managed entirely by Google. These cookies do not identify the user personally unless you are active in a Google session, being in that case linked to that Google account.
For more information see: : Tipos de cookies que utiliza Google
Madrid Destino makes use of the Google Maps add-on to view geographic locations (our offices or other locations). Some parts of the Website display embedded Youtube videos. Cookies implemented by Google on any page that includes a Youtube video are used to measure the number and behaviour of YouTube users, including information linking the visit to our Website to your Google account if you are logged in.
Madrid Destino makes use of the Google DoubleClick for Publishers (Google) platform for the distribution of advertisements and advertisements on the Website. These cookies are used to know how people access our digital advertising campaigns. They allow us to know and evaluate clicks on our advertising in order to improve the service you receive. For more information about double click cookies, visit:
Vimeo add-on cookies
On some pages of our Website we have embedded Vimeo videos. This service uses Google Analytics to track your use, and for this purpose the same cookies described in the section “Analysis cookies”: “__utma”, “__utmb”, “__utmc” and “__utmz”.
Levels of intrusion associated with the cookies we use
The above cookies incorporate an “intrusion level” criterion supported on a scale of 1 to 3, in which:
- Level 2: Corresponds to anonymous cookies for internal use necessary for the maintenance of content and navigation, as well as cookies managed by third parties within the framework of services expressly requested by the user on their websites (e.g. Social Add-ons of Facebook or Twitter, embedded videos, maps).
- Level 3: Corresponds to cookies managed by third parties in the framework of services not expressly requested by the user, allowing its tracking through websites that Madrid Destino does not own (e.g. graphic advertising management platforms). The specification of this level is accompanied by its holder. The use of Level 3 cookies is subject to the prior permission of the user by express confirmation of their acceptance.
Personal Data Processing collected by cookies
Under Personal Data Protection regulations, it will be reported that the personal data provided will be under the responsibility of MADRID DESTINATION CULTURA TURISMO Y NEGOCIO (hereinafter, MADRID DESTINO), with ID registration number A-84073105 and registered office in Madrid, C/Conde Duque 9-11, C.P. 28015, in accordance with current legislation on the protection of personal data informs that the data provided will be incorporated into a personal data file in the following terms:
Data controller: MADRID DESTINO CULTURA TURISMO Y NEGOCIO, S.A., located in Madrid, calle Conde Duque, 9-11, 28015 Madrid.
Contact data: email@example.com
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legitimation: consent of the data subject
Recipient: The data will be communicated by and to third parties who are the providers of the services.
Conservation period: It shall be limited to the period necessary to fulfil the consented and blocking purpose during the limitation periods for civil, criminal, administrative or other actions that may arise from the selection process or the processing of the data.
In any case, you can indicate the revocation of the consent given, if this was the basis that legitimized the processing or exercise the rights provided:
- Access: the data subject has the right to know whether the controller processes his personal data and, if so, has the right to access this data, as well as to obtain information about the processing carried out.
- Rectification: It is linked to the incomplete inaccuracy of the data. The data subject has the right to rectify his inaccurate personal data and that his/her incomplete personal data be completed.
- Limitation of processing: it is the right of the interested person to mark his/her personal data retained in order to limit the processing in the future. The limitation of processing means that, at the request of the person concerned, your personal data indicated will be no longer processed.
- Opposition: the data subject has the right to object to the processing of his data when he basis them on certain specific cases and a reason related to his personal situation is called on.
- Data portability: the data subject has the right to receive his/her personal data provided to the controller in a structured, commonly used and mechanically readable format, if it is based on consent or a contract, the processing is carried out by automated means.
- To not be subject of automated individual decisions: the data subject has the right not to be the subject of a decision based on the automated processing of his data, including profiling that produces legal effects on him or adversely affects him, These requests must be addressed to Conde Duque, 9-11, 28015 Madrid with attached copy to email@example.com
You can also file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency ()
These lists will be updated as quickly as possible as the website services offered on the website change or evolve. However, occasionally during this update it may be that the list no longer includes a cookie, although it will always refer to cookies for purposes identical to those registered in these lists.